01. Being from the countryside, I’m quite a practical girl when it comes down to it (I walk far too fast to be trotting around in heels all day!) and I’m currently on the lookout for the perfect pair of flats – and I think I’ve found them in these Marc by Marc Jacobs mousey creations; although these are anything but mousey in my opinion; they’re so much fun! I really have a thing for animal inspired fashions (you’ll know that by now if you’ve visited CherryHumbug.com!) I’m not sure I can afford the £150-ish price tag, but I’ve spotted some good lookalikes on eBay so I could be in luck, we’ll see. I would love to be able to own the real thing though, because I find it hard to get unique/unusual looking flats that I like, that will last a good amount of time; I’ll be praying for a lottery win in the next few weeks, these are the most perfect flats I’ve ever clapped eyes on! Siiigh.
02. Speaking of lottery wins, some spare cash would certainly come in handy when it comes to kitting myself out with a Chanel 2.55. Whilst I appreciate the classic black 2.55, I have been lusting after this pineapple-yellow variation for a long time now. I seem to remember one of my first ever blog posts, around 5 years ago, was about this beauty! I have never seen it in person, but I think if I did I would fall more in love with it than before, so that’s probably a good thing! I’ve come to realise that I’m not really into black bags, I like colour too much, so this would be perfect.
03. I’m a bit of a sucker for anything patent, and this heart-buckle belt would be a great way of adding a colour-pop to my summer outfits. I love to use accessories as a way of updating and re-wearing outfits, because contrary to popular belief, not all bloggers buy new clothes all the time – I’m one of them! I’m quite thrifty and think that a good accessory can be an inexpensive way of updating a look, and block colour pieces can be really versatile year round, too.
04. First of all I want to emphasise the fact that I’m not being paid/encouraged in any way to endorse Sleek Make Up, and that I genuinely am really impressed with the products I’ve bought from their range. I now have lipsticks ‘Mystic’ and ‘Vamp’, and love how rich in pigment their shades are for just £3.99, such a great bargain in my opinion – I’m quite addicted to lipstick at the moment! I would also love to add ‘Papaya Punch’ to my collection, in time for summer, now I have a great red wine shade sorted. My next mission is to find a vibrant, summery orange to add to my make up bag, and if the others are anything to go by, this could be the one!
05. One of my favourite trends is the throwback to 90’s Versace prints. I love the irony of wearing items that are ‘delightfully tacky’, and I feel like this River Island top could be the perfect addition to my summer wardrobe. The colours make my eyes pop out in a fit of euphoria, and with the addition of the regal looking leopards, as well as a splash of baroque print, this top combines an irresistible mix of all of my favourite styles… I’m going to have a hard time resisting this, I can tell… *faints*
06. I’ve been hankering after a pair of denim hotpants for the last 3-4 summers, but have never quite found a pair that are ‘me’ – I’m not a huge fan of blue/grey/black denim, (for years now I’ve been a jean-dodger) and the jeans I finally have started to wear are brightly coloured; so as you can imagine, when I stumbled across these dip dyed ones, I felt as if the trend had finally swung my way! I think the shorts would look amazing paired up with the rest of the items in this post, a combination that I can pretty much say would be my perfect summer festival outfit… Glastonbury, I miss you.
07. A huge fan of costume jewellery, how could I not love these Miu Miu earrings? With stones in my favourite shade of jade green, for me its the jewels that are often the crowning glory of an outfit. Again, the price tag dictates that these are slightly out of my reach, which is fine because I’m hoping to find the solution to this in CherryHumbug.com; my mission to supply great costume jewellery, for a more affordable price point… check it out!